Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's not always about me, me, me...

I usually write about something I'm creating or doing. I have a ton of different blogs and most are not about me --- this one is usually all about me, me, me. Tonight I wanted to write a little bit about someone who is making a name for herself in the world of glass.

She's the daughter of a friend of mine, someone I've actually only met once, maybe twice. Great family, wonderful people, all hard working, stellar folks.

Lyla Nelson is a name I think those of us in the world of art and art collecting are going to hear again and again. You're going to covet her work. I already drool when I visit her website and know that someday I will own a piece. I am impressed, and I'm not alone.

She sold a piece last week at the Galleria de Sculpture in Palm Beach and they asked her to replace it with another piece immediately.

She also has her glass art in the Edgewood Orchard Gallery in Wisconsin.

She's getting ready for an exhibition at the Appalachian Center for Crafts in late April.

She graduates from Tennessee Tech in May... that should give you an idea of how much she's accomplished in a short time!

Check out her work at www.lylanelson.com I LOVE her glass art, in particular her Botanicals. I would redo a room to showcase one of those pieces if ever I am lucky enough to own one.

Take a look and see if you don't agree. www.lylanelson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, much appreciate comments and readership! Wanted to let you know that we will not post any comments with links, just makes our lives easier and safer. Likewise, if you're not nice (as in family friendly), no one will ever see the comments.