Monday, April 11, 2011

Still playing with my website...

Anyone selling their art knows that a website is important. Especially if you're trying to break into the field. Having a bad looking or outdated website is almost as bad as not having one. Some would argue it's worse.

I do websites for others, but have gotten a bit behind in some of the latest and greatest. I don't like some of the latest and greatest but really need to get my butt in gear on some of the things that I like. I also got a bit behind in updating my own website. It's kind of like the plumber who never fixes his own plumbing, carpenter who has closet doors hanging off the hinges... I check everyone's website but my own each day!

So, in recent months I've been toying with different options. I tried Wix (thank you to everyone who gave me valuable input). I decided not to go that route. Slow loading, higher cost as compared to what I can get if I do it myself plus it's a whole new world of learning how they work.

I have a new site --- finally! I still have a lot to do. Mainly I'm behind in taking photos of my work. This is busy show season and things are selling before I can snap a good photo. I do need to have good records of what I've sold, if only so my kids, kids, kids will be able to say yes, that was done by our great-great when it turns up on Antique Roadshow. Valued at a couple of bazillion dollars, of course.

If you get a minute, go take a look and let me know what you think thus far. www.Hummingbird-Hollow.com. I have a couple of links that don't have anything on them yet,  but I'm working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, much appreciate comments and readership! Wanted to let you know that we will not post any comments with links, just makes our lives easier and safer. Likewise, if you're not nice (as in family friendly), no one will ever see the comments.