Sunday, December 6, 2009

Call me a wimp but...

...there's frost on the ground, it's coooollllldddd outside and I need to start a kiln load. I really do. But I don't want to go outside and cross the frozen tundra (ha ha) to get to my studio. I'm sitting here with my first cup of hot tea for the day, next to the little "extra" heater that I keep in my office (which is a converted sunroom, thus a bit chillier than the rest of the house). I have my socks on, my sweater wrapped around me, and I keep looking outside the windows toward the studio and I know, I know, I know I have to go out there... brrrrrr....

It's 24 degrees outside right now. Double brrrrr....

I have a show tomorrow at the Hollingsworth House in Fayetteville, Georgia. If I start that kiln load before 10 today then it should be ready in time to open tomorrow afternoon. Should being the operative word. If it's not, I'll have a nice load of Christmas gifts for my family, plus some stuff for sale later.

But I gotta get my butt out there to the studio.

Will I, won't I, will I, won't I???? How important are those pieces waiting to be fired? No guarantees they'll turn out anyway... and if they do, no guarantees they'll sell... But then again, they probably will turn out fine (they better as much time, glaze and kiln energy it takes!). And then again, if one sells then it could be the piece that makes it all worthwhile tomorrow night... Course, even if I fire the kiln up before ten, it might not be cooled down enough to open by tomorrow afternoon anyway... but with the cold temperatures it will cool faster than usual so...

Oh darn, this is taking up too much brain power this early in the morning. I think I'll go fix another cup of hot tea and mull it over a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, much appreciate comments and readership! Wanted to let you know that we will not post any comments with links, just makes our lives easier and safer. Likewise, if you're not nice (as in family friendly), no one will ever see the comments.